2020 Chevrolet Colorado Towing Capacity
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado might be a mid-size pickup, but it has plenty of power to handle anything you throw its way. One of the most impressive attributes of this pickup is the Chevy Colorado towing capacity, which reaches as much as 7,700 pounds. From the job site in Birmingham to your next big adventure in Vestavia Hills, the latest Chevy Colorado is up for any challenge.
Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity by Configuration
To take advantage of the full Chevy Colorado towing ability, you will need to select specific configurations and features. However, all Colorado trims deliver impressive towing power on their own. Keep these specs in mind when selecting your perfect pickup:
- Colorado w/ 2.5L 4-Cylinder – All models featuring the base Colorado engine can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Colorado w/ 3.6L V6 – The 3.6L V6 is rated with the same 3,500-pound maximum, however, you can decide to boost its power even further with the available towing package. If you do, you can enjoy a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- Colorado w/ Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel 4-Cylinder – If you opt for the Duramax® diesel engine, your Colorado can deliver the max towing ability. This is how the Colorado reaches up to 7,700 pounds of towing power, or 7,600 pounds with a 4×4 configuration.
Drivers who opt for the high-end and luxurious Colorado ZR2 trim will have their maximum capacity capped at 5,000 pounds. That’s still more than enough power to tow a small boat or a couple of ATVs. The benefit is that this configuration is better equipped for off-roading. If you need more towing power than what is offered by the Colorado, see what the Silverado 1500 can do. It also offers remarkable Chevy towing capacity.
Chevy Colorado Engine Specs
When you choose the Chevy Colorado, you will also have three different engine options to choose from. Which is best suited to your driving needs?
- 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine
- 200 hp
- 191 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 26 mpg on the highway
- 3.6-Liter V6 Engine
- 308 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 25 mpg on the highway
- Duramax 2.8-Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine
- 181 hp
- 369 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 30 mpg on the highway
Find Your New Chevy Colorado of Your Dreams at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
Don’t wait to find out what the new 2020 Chevy Colorado towing capacity can do for you! We would also be glad to show you how the Colorado can take your Bessemer commute to the next level. Explore all it has to offer by taking a test drive, then compare it to its closely related competitor, the GMC Canyon. Contact us today if you have any questions.
Learn More at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
Searching for a stylish new SUV near Birmingham that is plenty spacious? Consider the 2020 Chevy Equinox! The new Chevy Equinox interior delivers up to 63.9 cubic feet of cargo space when you fold down the 2nd-row seats, and it’s equipped with a plethora of standard and available features to keep you entertained and comfortable…
Shopping around Hoover for that perfect new SUV that checks every box on your unique list of needs can get stressful, but once you’ve done the hard work and decided on a model you get to start the fun part: choosing a paint color! If you’ve got your eye on a new Chevy Equinox, you’ll…
Searching for a tough pickup truck to aid you on Birmingham job sites? You need look no further than the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Built with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a series of towing features, there’s not much this light-duty pickup can’t do. What is the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity? Properly…