2020 Chevrolet Colorado Towing Capacity
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado might be a mid-size pickup, but it has plenty of power to handle anything you throw its way. One of the most impressive attributes of this pickup is the Chevy Colorado towing capacity, which reaches as much as 7,700 pounds. From the job site in Birmingham to your next big adventure in Vestavia Hills, the latest Chevy Colorado is up for any challenge.
Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity by Configuration
To take advantage of the full Chevy Colorado towing ability, you will need to select specific configurations and features. However, all Colorado trims deliver impressive towing power on their own. Keep these specs in mind when selecting your perfect pickup:
- Colorado w/ 2.5L 4-Cylinder – All models featuring the base Colorado engine can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Colorado w/ 3.6L V6 – The 3.6L V6 is rated with the same 3,500-pound maximum, however, you can decide to boost its power even further with the available towing package. If you do, you can enjoy a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- Colorado w/ Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel 4-Cylinder – If you opt for the Duramax® diesel engine, your Colorado can deliver the max towing ability. This is how the Colorado reaches up to 7,700 pounds of towing power, or 7,600 pounds with a 4×4 configuration.
Drivers who opt for the high-end and luxurious Colorado ZR2 trim will have their maximum capacity capped at 5,000 pounds. That’s still more than enough power to tow a small boat or a couple of ATVs. The benefit is that this configuration is better equipped for off-roading. If you need more towing power than what is offered by the Colorado, see what the Silverado 1500 can do. It also offers remarkable Chevy towing capacity.
Chevy Colorado Engine Specs
When you choose the Chevy Colorado, you will also have three different engine options to choose from. Which is best suited to your driving needs?
- 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine
- 200 hp
- 191 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 26 mpg on the highway
- 3.6-Liter V6 Engine
- 308 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 25 mpg on the highway
- Duramax 2.8-Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine
- 181 hp
- 369 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 30 mpg on the highway
Find Your New Chevy Colorado of Your Dreams at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
Don’t wait to find out what the new 2020 Chevy Colorado towing capacity can do for you! We would also be glad to show you how the Colorado can take your Bessemer commute to the next level. Explore all it has to offer by taking a test drive, then compare it to its closely related competitor, the GMC Canyon. Contact us today if you have any questions.
Learn More at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
How much is the new Chevy Blazer in 2021? Starting at $28,800 MSRP, the 2021 Chevy Blazer price is as accessible as ever for growing families in Hoover. Camaro-inspired performance and handling make this car-based crossover stand out from the SUV crowd! Read on to explore the new Chevy Blazer price by trim level with…
The 2021 Chevy Colorado is a midsize pickup with full-size abilities, making it ideal for Birmingham drivers who want to seamlessly transition from workweek tasks to weekend adventures. When equipped with the available Duramax® turbo-diesel engine, the 2021 Chevy Colorado towing capacity reaches 7,700 pounds. Get more details on the Chevy Colorado towing abilities with…
The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban has arrived in Hoover, and it’s set to be the full-size SUV of choice for growing families in Birmingham. With three spacious rows of seating and a Chevy Suburban towing capacity that is capable of reaching 8,300 pounds when properly equipped, the new Suburban offers the ideal combination of luxury and…