2020 Chevrolet Colorado Towing Capacity
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado might be a mid-size pickup, but it has plenty of power to handle anything you throw its way. One of the most impressive attributes of this pickup is the Chevy Colorado towing capacity, which reaches as much as 7,700 pounds. From the job site in Birmingham to your next big adventure in Vestavia Hills, the latest Chevy Colorado is up for any challenge.
Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity by Configuration
To take advantage of the full Chevy Colorado towing ability, you will need to select specific configurations and features. However, all Colorado trims deliver impressive towing power on their own. Keep these specs in mind when selecting your perfect pickup:
- Colorado w/ 2.5L 4-Cylinder – All models featuring the base Colorado engine can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Colorado w/ 3.6L V6 – The 3.6L V6 is rated with the same 3,500-pound maximum, however, you can decide to boost its power even further with the available towing package. If you do, you can enjoy a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- Colorado w/ Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel 4-Cylinder – If you opt for the Duramax® diesel engine, your Colorado can deliver the max towing ability. This is how the Colorado reaches up to 7,700 pounds of towing power, or 7,600 pounds with a 4×4 configuration.
Drivers who opt for the high-end and luxurious Colorado ZR2 trim will have their maximum capacity capped at 5,000 pounds. That’s still more than enough power to tow a small boat or a couple of ATVs. The benefit is that this configuration is better equipped for off-roading. If you need more towing power than what is offered by the Colorado, see what the Silverado 1500 can do. It also offers remarkable Chevy towing capacity.
Chevy Colorado Engine Specs
When you choose the Chevy Colorado, you will also have three different engine options to choose from. Which is best suited to your driving needs?
- 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine
- 200 hp
- 191 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 26 mpg on the highway
- 3.6-Liter V6 Engine
- 308 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 25 mpg on the highway
- Duramax 2.8-Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine
- 181 hp
- 369 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 30 mpg on the highway
Find Your New Chevy Colorado of Your Dreams at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
Don’t wait to find out what the new 2020 Chevy Colorado towing capacity can do for you! We would also be glad to show you how the Colorado can take your Bessemer commute to the next level. Explore all it has to offer by taking a test drive, then compare it to its closely related competitor, the GMC Canyon. Contact us today if you have any questions.
Learn More at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
What are the Equinox trims for 2022? The new Chevy Equinox is available near Birmingham with four trim options: LS, LT, RS, and Premier. Just like you can customize the design of your small SUV with an exciting range of Equinox colors, the Equinox trim levels enable you to curate a driving experience that’s tailored…
The new Chevrolet Blazer is a tough SUV that can rise to any challenge on and off the roads near Birmingham. How much is a Chevy Blazer? The starting price for the 2022 Blazer 2LT is $33,400 MSRP. From there, you have lots of room to upgrade with options like a V6 engine and a…
Whether you’re a single driver seeking out new adventures or you have a growing family needing extra support for weekend excursions near Birmingham, the 2022 Chevy Equinox is a small SUV that can adapt to your needs. “Can a Chevy Equinox tow?” you might ask? Yes! The Equinox is small but powerful, with a towing…