2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Searching for a tough pickup truck to aid you on Birmingham job sites? You need look no further than the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Built with a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a series of towing features, there’s not much this light-duty pickup can’t do. What is the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity? Properly equipped, the Silverado 1500 can haul up to 13,400 pounds through Hoover, with a maximum payload capacity of 2,543 pounds. Learn more with Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover before you get behind the wheel in Hoover!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
There are five robust engine options available for the 2020 Silverado 1500, ranging from V6 to V8, and gas or diesel. How much can the Chevy Silverado tow with each engine? Take a closer look, below:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This base-level engine provides 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, creating enough power to tow up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: Upgrade to the 4.3L V6 for a higher towing capacity of 7,900 pounds. Keep in mind, your engine output will decrease slightly, offering 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: Stepping up to the V8 category, this engine generates 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, with an elevated towing capacity of 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The 6.2L V8 is the necessary engine to reach a maximum Chevy Silverado towing weight of 13,400 pounds on the RST trim level. But the power doesn’t stop there: this engine generates 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque!
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Prefer a diesel engine? This available powertrain offers a towing capacity of 9,400 pounds, coming in at 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado and Other Towing Features
Whether you’re on the job or heading off-road, the Silverado 1500 is no slouch. It’s built to handle even the toughest of tasks, all while making things easier for Vestavia Hills drivers with these standard or available towing features:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard fare for the 2020 Silverado 1500 lineup, equipping your truck with a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector, and an automatic locking rear differential.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: For even more great towing features, make the upgrade to the Max Trailering Package. Available on select trim levels, it fits your truck with revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more!
- Optional Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado: Navigate Bessemer roads and highways with confidence when you have a trailer in tow when you purchase extended view towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado. Contact our parts department to learn more about Silverado accessories options!
Find Your 2020 Silverado 1500 at Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
Ready to take on the power of the 2020 Chevy Silverado towing weight? Contact Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover to set up your test drive at our Hoover showroom! We’ll review the Silverado price range with you to find the model that suits your budget, as well as show you how our new vehicle specials can help you save.
More from Hendrick Chevrolet Hoover
The Chevy Tahoe is all-new for 2021, and it’s proving to be the new three-row SUV of choice for families from Birmingham to Vestavia Hills! This legendary full-size SUV is known for its impressive performance output, but it’s the new Chevy Tahoe interior that’s garnering the most buzz around Hoover. With seating for 9, countless deluxe…
How much is the new Chevy Blazer in 2021? Starting at $28,800 MSRP, the 2021 Chevy Blazer price is as accessible as ever for growing families in Hoover. Camaro-inspired performance and handling make this car-based crossover stand out from the SUV crowd! Read on to explore the new Chevy Blazer price by trim level with…
The 2021 Chevy Colorado is a midsize pickup with full-size abilities, making it ideal for Birmingham drivers who want to seamlessly transition from workweek tasks to weekend adventures. When equipped with the available Duramax® turbo-diesel engine, the 2021 Chevy Colorado towing capacity reaches 7,700 pounds. Get more details on the Chevy Colorado towing abilities with…